Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My Hay is in the Barn

I had never heard of that saying until today...apparently "the hay is in the barn" is an expression used when the big training build is complete and all that remains is to taper and rest up for the big race. Apparently each workout completed in training is like a bale of hay and each time you complete the workout it's like stacking the hay in a barn...anyway...I must admit this is one of the dumbest expressions I've heard...but I'm really glad my hay is in the barn. :)

The big day is near...only 10 more days until my marathon on March 29th. I'm really proud of myself for sticking to the training and hopefully I'll finish my first marathon in 10 more days. I've raised over $2000 for LLS during this time, which I'm also really proud of. :)

I'm very nervous and very excited at the same time. I just hope I can finish it!! My only goal is to finish the race before they open the streets back up to the cars...so keep yr fingers crossed for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment