Friday, June 17, 2011

Dusting off the running shoes

I'm baaaaaaaaack! I've decided to participate with TNT again! This time I'll be doing the Rock and Roll Savannah Half Marathon! Yay!

I had such a great time doing the ING Marathon in 2009, but a lot has happened since then. One huge thing that happened is that I got pregnant and had the best baby in the world! Following the pregnancy I have really gotten out of shape. It's been a while since I've done any serious running. I mean I've done several 5K races but that's about it. So I feel like I'm going to be starting from scratch with my running. I'm looking forward to it though.

In 2009 I raised over $2000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I'm hoping to raise at least that much this year, so I need all of your help! A friend of mine(and also my very first donor this year, big shout out to Ashley Garrett!!) mentioned earlier this week that she met a woman whose 5 month old son died from a rare form of Leukemia. This just broke my heart. I can't even imagine this!! I have been so blessed to have a happy, healthy baby, so the least that I can do is to help raise money for those who need our help. I hope that you will help out in any way you can. If you can't donate at this time, then forward my fundraising page to your friends and family!

There are a few differences in the program I'm doing this year. There currently isn't a TNT team in Athens anymore. :( So I'm doing the new TNT Flex plan, which basically just means it's an online team. I really enjoyed training with the group last time, but this is the best I could do. We do have conference calls and emails with the rest of the online team, but it's just not the same. Oh well....Tomorrow is the first day of training. I'll post and let you know how it goes....yipes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment