Sunday, June 19, 2011

First Day of Training

Saturday was the first day of training for the season. I was unsure of how it would go since I haven't been running as regularly as I used to, and I haven't done any distances beyond a 5K. Since I'm on the Flex team, our coach coaches using the Training Peaks website. So she had assigned for me to run 2 miles at a 12 minute mile pace. I was very unsure if I would be able to keep that pace up for the whole 2 miles. But I did it! It was a great run, no problems. I actually had an average pace of 11:13 per mile. So, all in all a good first day of training. Today was a rest day and tomorrow is a strength training day. My coach suggested pilates, so I'm going to try to check out a pilates class at the YMCA. I've never taken pilates before, so we'll see how it goes!
So training is underway! Now I just need to get going with my fundraising! Mark and I have some ideas of fundraisers that we hope to get going soon. As always, you can donate on our fundraising website. It is tax deductible! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment